Medicine: What to do after MBBS?Editorial Team199|0Last Updated:08:00 am, June 24, 2012
Medicine is one of the best suited careers for those who are interested in dealing with sick people and curing their illnesses. An advantage of becoming a doctor is that the healthcare industry is booming and also relatively recession proof.
There are numerous career opportunities once you complete your MBBS.
You can opt for a post graduate level specialization like MS or MD, or you can even start practicing as a General Medical Practitioner (GMP) after completing your graduation.
One can opt for specializations like ophthalmology, anesthetics, obstetrics and gynecology, psychiatry, pediatrics, pathology, surgery, radiology, orthopedics and so on at the post graduate level.
Teaching and research
Students can opt for a career in the field of teaching after your post graduation in medicine and then you can work as a lecturer in medical colleges. You can also take up advanced studies and go for the option of medical research.
You can view a list of institutes offering medicine here
Confused about what to do after 10+2?
Book an online counselling session with certified psychologist Prerna Prasad
Image courtesy: images.com
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- CBSE Class 10 results 2013: Results expected today May 24
- Orissa Class 12 Science Examination result 2013 expected on May 25
- BIEC Bihar Intermediate (Commerce) results 2013 declared: Check results here
- Goa SSC class 10 exam results 2013 declared : Check results here
- Meghalaya Class 12 HSSLC ( Arts) results 2013 declared: Check results here