Five qualities of a financial plannerEditorial Team960|12Last Updated:12:50 pm, February 15, 2012
Do you want to become a rich investment banker?
Do you closely analyze the field of finance?
Can you study stock market trends and predict its movements?
Look no further, the Certified Financial Planner course is the perfect thing for you.
Who is a Certified Financial Planner?
A Certified Financial Planner or CFP is a specially trained person who looks after and takes good care of other people’s money. He undertakes extensive research so that his client’s money earns good returns. The CFP also gives his client a report of how he handles his/her money.
Some qualities that you need to become a Certified Financial Planner:
1. Be an excellent conversationalist: You need to understand your client’s needs and requirements properly. For that, a clear communication flow is extremely important. Be a good listener. Things will be a lot easier then.
2. Put your client’s interests first: You should be able to keep your client’s interest at the forefront. Your client should know where you are putting his money because at the end of the day, it’s his hard-earned money you’re playing with. You should be able to justify your actions to your client.
3. Have a complete view of a client’s finances: Have a complete understanding of a client’s finances, spending habits, loans or any outstanding dues, etc. Do not rush to give him advice. Take your time but give out a good advice.
4. Analytical ability: You should have an ability to analyze a client’s financial needs. You should be able to put his needs in perspective and should be able to plan his investments accordingly.
5. Build an honest relationship with your client: You should be able to build trust with your client. If your client believes you completely, you will have lesser restrictions while managing his/her money and the client will continue with your services for a longer period of time.
Financial Planning Academy: This institute is one of the best institutes for doing a CFP course. One of the best things about doing a CFP at FPA is that it gives hands-on training to a student when he’s doing this course. It has its center conveniently located in Colaba which is the financial hub of the country.
Image courtesy: Photos.com