CLAT 2012: Students may file Public Interest LitigationEditorial Team486|0Last Updated:12:37 pm, May 15, 2012
Students who gave the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2012 on May 13 plan to file a Public Interest Litigation.
According to the students, the CLAT website had clearly stated that in the general knowledge section only their knowledge of current affairs (broadly defined as matters featuring in the mainstream media between March 2011 and March 2012) and for legal reasoning, the candidates will not be tested on any prior knowledge of law or legal concepts. If a technical/legal term is used in the question, that term will be explained in the question itself, it stated.
However, around 15 questions were static GK and 5-8 questions required some knowledge of law, which the pre law students said was unfair.
The exam held on April 13 got mixed reactions from the aspiring lawyers.
The results of Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2012 will be declared on May 28. The students can check the result here.
For more information about law colleges across India, click here.
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- Uttarakhand class 12 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- Uttarakhand class 10 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- West Bengal Class 10 results expected on May 27: Pre-registrations open
- Orissa Class 12 Vocational exam result 2013 expected tomorrow on May 25
- How parents' expectations affect exam results