IIT-JEE 2013: IIT Council decision hastyEditorial Team450|6Last Updated:12:14 pm, June 29, 2012
The IIT Council's move to give 20 percent weightage to Class 12 board marks is a hasty decision, Anand Kumar, founder of 'Super 30', which provides free coaching to Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) aspirants, said .
"This decision will go against poor students, who do not get the opportunity to study in elite schools," he said here.
"Even Class 12 results are mired in controversy due to use of unfair means in examinations and manipulation to ensure good results," said Kumar, who coaches students from poor families to crack the IIT entrance test.
He said the decision had come as a dampener for students preparing for IIT-JEE.
"Suddenly they realise that school results are also important. The IIT Council should have implemented it from 2014 at least to give the students time," he said.
Planning to study in the IITs? Book an online session IIT Kharagpur graduate Achin Agarwal
See a list of institutes offering Engineering across India
Looking for an institute to study? Click here
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- Uttarakhand class 12 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- Uttarakhand class 10 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- West Bengal Class 10 results expected on May 27: Pre-registrations open
- Orissa Class 12 Vocational exam result 2013 expected tomorrow on May 25
- How parents' expectations affect exam results