IIT- JEE 2013: IIT-Kharagpur faculty opposes CETEditorial Team1197|0Last Updated:09:00 am, June 16, 2012
After Indian Institute of Technology-Kanpur (IIT-K) opposed the plan for a Common Entrance Test(CET), IIT – Kharagpur also opposed the plan at New Delhi.
Upset with the ministry's decision to merge IIT Joint Entrance Exam (IIT-JEE) with the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE), the 210-member senate of IIT-Kanpur passed a resolution rejecting the new format.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh met the Faculty Federation and Alumni Associations of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) on June 14 over the Common Entrance Exam (CET).
It is proposed that the Common Entrance Test would be held in two stages. The first test will be taken by all the candidates. The second test will be taken by those candidates who score well in the first test.
The faculty members believe that having two exams will be futile for all concerned candidates.
The faculty members of the IITs will present the copies of all complaints to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
Confused about career? Chat with our counsellors by clicking here.
Image courtesy: photos.com
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- CBSE Class 10 results 2013: Results expected today May 24
- Orissa Class 12 Science Examination result 2013 expected on May 25
- BIEC Bihar Intermediate (Commerce) results 2013 declared: Check results here
- Goa SSC class 10 exam results 2013 declared : Check results here
- Meghalaya Class 12 HSSLC ( Arts) results 2013 declared: Check results here