IIT-JEE 2013: IIT faculty to be more involved in key decisionsEditorial Team475|0Last Updated:10:15 am, July 31, 2012
IIT faculty will now be increasingly involved in key decision-making process on the matter of common tests to ensure broader consensus at different levels according to the HRD Ministry.
The decision to involve IIT in the key decision-making has been taken in view of the recent controversies related to the proposed single test to undergraduate programmes despite the approval of the IIT Council comprising IIT Directors. The decision will also help eliminate differences arising later on.
Recently, IIT Kanpur recommended that a separate committee should be set up and include representatives nominated by Senates of IITs to advise the Joint Admission Board (JAB) on the nature of the IIT entrance test for 2014 and the process of admission.
IIT- Kanpur accepted the common entrance test (CET) which will be based on percentile ranking as an interim measure only for 2013.
You may also like to see a list of engineering instiutes
What do the changes mean for you? Analysis of IIT JEE 2013
Image courtesy: photos.com
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- CBSE Class 10 results 2013: Results expected today May 24
- Orissa Class 12 Science Examination result 2013 expected on May 25
- BIEC Bihar Intermediate (Commerce) results 2013 declared: Check results here
- Goa SSC class 10 exam results 2013 declared : Check results here
- Meghalaya Class 12 HSSLC ( Arts) results 2013 declared: Check results here