IIT-JEE 2013-The new IIT exam patternEditorial Team7675|28Last Updated:09:50 am, June 28, 2012
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Council struck a compromise with the human resource development ministry on the new pattern of entrance examinations. Here are its salient features:
* There will be two exams, the joint entrance examination (JEE) "main" followed by the JEE "advanced".
* These combine the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) and the IIT-JEE, with the "main" exam being equivalent to AIEEE, and "advanced" being equivalent to the IIT-JEE.
* There will be a "suitable" time gap between the two exams, though it was not clarified how much.
* Only top 150,000 candidates (including all categories) from the JEE "main" will be qualified to appear in the JEE "advanced" examination.
* Admission to IITs will be based on the rank in the "advanced" exam.
* However, only students who come in among the top 20 percent scorers in their respective board will be considered eligible for the IITs.
* The "advanced" exam will be held by the IITs, just like the IIT- JEE. It will be conducted by a Joint Admission Board (JAB) and Joint Implementation Committee of the IITs, the same which so far conducted the JEE.
* The JEE "main" will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and it will coordinate with the IITs. It will be implemented from 2013.
* Admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) will be based on the "main" exam score. A final decision on methodology of admission is pending. A meeting of representatives from the NITs is scheduled for July 4.
* Admission to several deemed universities will also be on the basis of scores in the "main" exam, which earlier took students on basis of AIEEE scores. A minimum percentage criteria will be fixed for these too.
Image courtesy: photos.com
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- Uttarakhand class 12 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- Uttarakhand class 10 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- West Bengal Class 10 results expected on May 27: Pre-registrations open
- Orissa Class 12 Vocational exam result 2013 expected tomorrow on May 25
- How parents' expectations affect exam results