IIT JEE 2013: Faculty feel exam is being forcedEditorial Team3322|1Last Updated:02:17 pm, April 12, 2012
Faculty members from the Indian Institutes of Technology have refused to accept IIT directors’ decision to conduct a single entrance test for engineering.
The response from the faculty may mean that the entrance test replacing IITJEE may not take place in 2013.
HRD minister Kapil Sibal and senior officials from the HRD Ministry had met with IIT directors, chairpersons and the All India IIT Faculty Federation (AIIFF) on April 11 to discuss details for the common exam.
This was the first time that the parties had met after the IITs stated that they were not confident with the new system as there had not been time for discussion or review.
Faculty from the IITs felt the new exam could make it easier for weaker students to gain entry to the IITs. They also feel that giving 40 percentage weightage to Class 12 exams is unfair as different boards have different standards.
Reports quoted AIIFF members as describing the meeting between Sibal and the IITs as being “fruitful”, but further discussions needed to take place.
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- CBSE Class 10 results 2013: Results expected today May 24
- Orissa Class 12 Science Examination result 2013 expected on May 25
- BIEC Bihar Intermediate (Commerce) results 2013 declared: Check results here
- Goa SSC class 10 exam results 2013 declared : Check results here
- Meghalaya Class 12 HSSLC ( Arts) results 2013 declared: Check results here