MHT-CET likely to end in MaharashtraEditorial Team684|0Last Updated:11:42 am, May 31, 2012
MHT-CET is likely to end in Maharashtra. The decision was taken after it was decided in a meeting which was presided by the union Human Resource Development Minister Kapil Sibal that by 2012 there would a Common Entrance Test for admission into various centrally-funded technical institute which includes Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
The HRD ministry has called all education ministers to Delhi for a joint meeting on June 5 to work on the implementation process.
According to reports, Maharashtra's MHT-CET will end but a final decision will be taken in consultation with the school education minister Rajendra Darda.
The Human Resource Development committee has decided to do conduct a single entrance exam as it will help in reducing stress for the students.
There will be two exams held under the JEE, one will be called JEE-Main and the other JEE-Advanced.
The marks of JEE-Main and its marks along those of the normalized board exams will be clubbed together.
Image courtesy: photos.com
Do you like this Buzz?
People who read this also read....
- Uttarakhand class 12 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- Uttarakhand class 10 results expected on May 26: Pre-registrations open
- West Bengal Class 10 results expected on May 27: Pre-registrations open
- Orissa Class 12 Vocational exam result 2013 expected tomorrow on May 25
- How parents' expectations affect exam results