AIPMT 2014: Botany topics, syllabus, questionsAakash Chaudhry 1677|0Last Updated:09:35 am, November 12, 2013
Students who want to score well in AIPMT should lay emphasis on topics covering plant physiology, genetics, ecology, among others for better results.
Here are some tips:
1. Give special emphasis on diagrams given in NCERT, as often questions related to the diagrams are asked.
2. Be aware of the weightage given to each portion of the syllabus. Although all the topics are important, lay more emphasis on plant physiology, genetics, ecology, strategies and microbes, morphology, cytology.
These topics have been extensively covered in AIPMT/ NEET over the last three years. Attempt the objective questions after each topic and, for better insight, peruse the questions asked during previous year exams.
3. Adapt a learning style that suits you- whether visual, auditory or tactile. Visual devices include drawing, pictures, charts, maps, graphs etc. Use bright markers and symbols to highlight important notes. This helps.
Knowledge gained could be better retained when one associates it with an image or demonstration referring to it.
Auditory techniques include reading aloud in a silent place, making tutors or friends your sounding board to give you insights on your understanding of concepts.
4. Use mnemonics or music, verbal discussion of ideas etc. to support revision.
5. Prepare a summary list of important facts of every chapter for revision. This should help as the exam is of an objective type.
Have a fortnightly revision program and attempt tests in an exam like environment for managing time.
#RECOMMENDED: AIPMT - Syllabus, question pattern and difference from NEET
The author is director, Aakash Educational Services Ltd
Image courtesy: photos.com