Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination 2014: Selection, application, important datesPrerna Prasad474|5Last Updated:12:37 am, October 29, 2013
The Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination 2014 will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
- CDS exam will be conducted to fill up various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and officers Training Academy.
- Eligible candidates who are interested may apply online on or before 2nd December 2014.
#IN BRIEF: Read about UPSC CDS in 30 seconds
- Age: Candidate's age should be between 17 years and 22 years.
- For IMA, Officer and Training Academy posts: Candidates should possess the qualification of Degree from a recognized University.
- For Air Force Academy: Candidates must possess Degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Candidates must possess Degree in Engineering.
- General and OBC category candidates need to pay Rs. 200
- SC/ST/Female category candidates are exempted from paying application fee.
- Fees should be paid in the form of cash at any State Bank of India branch.
- Fees also can be paid through online mode using SBI Visa/Master credit or debit card.
- Eligible candidates will be selected based on their performance in written examination, Interview, Personality Test, Document Verification and Medical test.
How to Apply:
- Eligible candidates can apply through online mode from official website at ww.upsconline.nic.in.
- Application must be submitted on or before December 2, 2013.
- Date of notification: November 2, 2013
- Last date for receipt of application: December 2, 2013
- Date of examination: February 9, 2014
For more information, you can log on to www.upsc.gov.in